Janome is one of the greatest brands of sewing machines that are available today. We can all agree this brand offers a wide range of styles and functions so that every level of sewer can enhance their skills further.
Janome machines are perhaps the best sewing machines around because they are extremely affordable, durable and made with good quality.
Whether you’re shopping for a new sewing machine or just trying to better understand the one you have, it is helpful to understand the differences in features and functionality of machines.
Some important factors must be considered when purchasing a sewing machine. Some of the questions you should have in mind before making the purchase could be:
- What model is the machine?
- How many accessories come with the machine?
- What can you afford?
- What features make the machine worth it?
It is important to decide which sewing machine is appropriate for you to buy. Finding the right sewing machine really depends upon how you intend on using it. So, do some research, go through a few products and look at the features that they have to offer.
Of course, the sewing machine that best meets your requirements is the one you must go for! So are you ready to discover what makes a Janome 2030 QDC-B machine so good?
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
This is a full rotary machine that has a hook which rotates in a full circle around a stationary bobbin. The shuttle hook captures the thread when the needle is going back up through the fabric, and then the hook carries the thread around the bobbin case to create the stitch, wrapping around the bobbin.
Rotary hook sewing machines have tight thread tolerances. They work well with threads of specific, recommended sizes but are not suitable outside of their range.
Also, a rotary hook runs smoother at higher speeds (no vibrations). It is less quiet and has less frequent thread jams than machines with oscillating hooks.
- 30 built-in stitches
The sewing machine offers 30 built-in stitches allowing you to choose the right stitch relevant to your project.
- 3 one-step buttonholes
Janome 2030 consists of 3 built-in one-step buttonholes, which is great because the foot measures the actual size of your button each time it sews a buttonhole. This indicates that every buttonhole you stitch will look just like the last, providing you with professional results! Special buttonhole settings allow fine adjustments for minute detail.
- Manual thread tension control
This feature allows you to control the tension in the thread manually. Sewing machine tension can be increased or decreased to affect the needle thread, the bobbin thread, or both.
- Free arm
Free-arm sewing is used for waistbands, stitching sleeves, pant legs or any other tube-shaped garments. It is also helpful for darning socks or mending elbows and knees.
- Drop feed
The drop feed lever is placed underneath the free-arm bed on the back of the machine. The feed dogs pull your fabric through the machine for you.
How fast the feed dogs move the fabric through the machine depends on the amount of pressure you’re putting on the foot pedal. Generally, the greater pressure you put on the pedal, the faster your fabric will slide.
- Start/stop button
This feature makes the stitching process really easy by allowing the machine to sew without using the foot pedal. Thus, it is very suitable for quick mending and long seams, as in curtains. This button also allows you to control the speed.
At the start of a seam, press, and hold to accelerate to your required speed slowly. In the end, press and hold to slow down, then release to stop. This exclusive feature of Janome allows great control at the start and end of seams.
- Speed control slider
The sewing speed can be changed by the speed control slider according to your sewing needs. It is very easy to control the speed which thus increases your stitching rate.
- Easy reverse button
It is a convenience feature that you can use them when you need to sew in reverse. Along with other things, backstitching can make your seams more stable.
- Backlit LCD screen with easy navigation keys
This will allow you to control almost everything. So, you can stitch very easily as it provides a clear and easy view of the stitch settings.
That’s not all! We obviously require our machines to offer exclusive features and here are some more
- Maximum stitch width: 7mm
- Maximum stitch length: 5mm
- Locking stitch button
- Memorized needle up/down
- Auto declutch bobbin winder
- Extra high presser foot lift
- One-hand needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- 7 piece feed dog
Another exciting quality of this quilting machine is that it comes with a functional Quilting kit, that consists of a Walking Foot, Quilt Guide, 1/4″ Seam Foot, Darning Foot, Craft Foot, and Cloth Guide.
- Spool pin felt
- Needle set
- Additional spool pin
- Satin stitch foot
- Zipper foot
- Automatic buttonhole foot
- Overedge foot
- Blind hem foot
- Seam ripper (Buttonhole opener
- Screwdriver key
- Lint brush
- Small spool holder
- Large spool holder
- Spool stand
- Instruction Manual
- Power cord
- Foot control
Pros And Cons
- It is lightweight for easy portability as it just weighs 12 pounds so you can easily work anywhere.
- Includes easy convenience features such as the start/stop button, speed control slider, auto-lock button, memorized needle up/down, and easy reverse.
- This Janome model has more features than their competitors at a better price!
- Another advantage is that thicker materials for the quilt won’t get caught up underneath.
- Offers different stitch options that include variable cutting widths that can exceed 7mm.
- It offers differential feed adjustments that work extremely well.
- The threading charts will help you correctly prepare your machine for use; it’s fast and easy to get started with sewing right away.
- This machine is extremely durable. It’s going to last for years!
- Easy navigation through the LCD screen can save a lot of your time.
- Manual thread control can slow down your stitching process as adjusting the speed yourself can be a hectic task sometimes.
Where Can You Buy The Janome 2030?
The Janome 2030 QDC-B is easily available at eBay and Amazon. You might even find the Janome 2030 in local stores.