The wide range of sewing machines available today makes it very difficult to pick one. Don’t you agree?
Well, this is not a problem anymore. Whether you are just a novice or an experienced user, there is one machine that comes with excellent performance and amazing features. This sewing machine makes all kind of sewing a breeze.
In this article, we are going to do an in-depth review of a highly versatile and durable sewing machine. The Janome HD3000 Sewing Machine is the best option if you are looking for a mechanical sewing machine.
The Janome HD3000 Sewing Machine
The HD3000 is a versatile machine that can handle heavy duty work requirements with ease. Although it is not computerized, this sewing machine has many features. You are about to learn all about these features which give the Janome an edge over all other sewing machines available.
The look of Janome HD300 is aesthetically pleasing. Its simple design and square body make it look crisp and sturdy. It has a convenient automatic bobbin system with an extended body and 18 stitches which allow you to create different designs easily.
And that’s not all. It has a solid frame that makes it durable and offers stability when in use. This machine weighs 20 lbs. and stays stable even when you do some very fast sewing. It has dials instead of computerized controls which can be very confusing for people who are not abreast with the latest technology.
The various features of the Janome HD3000 are:
- 1 step buttonholes
- 18 onboard stitches
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Auto needle threading
- Snap-on presser feet
- Included hard case
- Work light
- Free Arm
- 7 included presser
- Accessory compartment
- 860 stitches per minute
Automatic Needle Threader
This great feature of HD3000 helps to take the strain of threading the needle away. The jam proof bobbin system makes sure that your project stays in place. The bobbin is covered with a transparent bobbin plate. This helps you monitor the supply of thread from the bobbin making it easier to anticipate how long the thread will last.
Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
The adjustable presser foot makes it very easy to work with multiple layers and heavy fabrics. All presser feet can be locked into place easily. You can switch from one stitch to another without using any tool. The free arm capability helps you to sew shirt sleeves and pants legs with ease.
The Janome HD3000 comes with a hard case that protects the machine from dust. The cover sits on top of the machine. Thus, it allows you to move the machine easily around the house.
The Janome HD3000 comes with various accessories:
- 7 feet
- Overedge foot
- Blind hem stitch foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Sewing foot
- Rolled hem foot
- Zigzag foot
- Zipper foot
- Hard machine cover
- Seam ripper
- Extra needles
- Instruction manual
Pros And Cons Of Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Now, we are going to discuss the various pros of this amazing machine:
- Heavy duty aluminum frame – The sturdy and strong frame allows for a stable and durable machine.
- Detailed reference guide – The instruction manual provides detailed information about the product. This acts as a reference whenever you get stuck.
- Efficient stitching – This machine is a favorite among experienced dressmakers due to its polished stitching.
- User-friendly – It is very easy to operate, and the result is flawless. All settings are handy and provide the user complete control.
- Reverse lever – The placement of the lever at the front make it readily accessible. This great feature reinforces different stitches quickly.
- Electronic foot controls – These are perfect for working with resistant and thicker fabrics.
- Automatic needle threader – This feature saves your eyes from stress and saves time.
- Saves time – The Janome HD3000 can deliver 860 stitches per minute. Its variable speed motor is controlled by foot pedal. So, this machine has no trouble switching from lighter to heavier materials.
- Convenient storage compartment – the storage compartment near the bobbin holder can hold various accessories. The convenient placement of this compartment makes sure that you have everything you need at hand while sewing.
- Jam-proof bobbin system – The jam-proof bobbin system makes sewing simple.
- Bright work light – The built-in work light is correctly places and bright making it easier to work especially at night.
- Seven-piece feed dog system – This feature helps to feed many different types of fabrics smoothly.
- Easy maintenance – This machine requires very little maintenance. However, you should clean the feed dogs, bobbin and hook race after each use. You should also have the machine serviced at least once a year if it in regular use.
With so many pros, there are bound to be some cons
- Quality – Some parts of the machine are made of plastic.
- Foot pedal cord – The foot pedal cord is short which can be a problem for some users
- Price – The Janome HD3000 is a bit expensive
- Only 18 stitches – Professional dressmakers may not find 18 stitches to be more than enough